This week’s meme is unpopular bookish opinions! I have SO MANY of these, so narrowing it down to just 10 was hard AF. Ya’ll will come to find out that I hardly agree with half of the opinions in the bookish community.
Let’s jump into it, shall we! Also, these are just my opinions! So if we don’t agree, no biggie.
- I still dog-ear my pages when I don’t have a bookmark and don’t really see the big deal about doing it.
- I think the Harry Potter books are okay. Even younger Kayla never really thought they were wonderful. This is the one book/book series that I prefer the movies!
- I hate the terms Chick Lit and Women’s Fiction.
- I love me a fucked up love interest. Like seriously, stalkers and psychos are welcome here. I know we are supposed to say “oh no” and “he’s terrible“, but I’m always drawn to those. (Examples: Maven from the Red Queen series, Vicious by L.J. Shen)
- I don’t participate in Smut-A- Thon because I find it annoys me. The books that people are reading and judging supercritically are books that I love and hold dear to my heart.
- I would rather read a standalone than keep up with a series. Ya’ll, my memory is so crappy and I ALWAYS have to do a reread before the next book releases.
- I really dislike movie or tv show cover adaptations. Just nope!
- I actually enjoyed the Fifty Shades of Grey series.
- I don’t read books from male POV because I find myself trying harder to relate.
- I can’t read a book that doesn’t have any romance in it.