Fucking. Goddamn. Faerie. And it ain’t as nice as any of that shit on TV or in books and movies. No, the fae were dark and they were fucked and they were as awful as the lowest bottom dwelling scum humanity could dredge up. Hell, they were worse sometimes. A lot of the time.
I feel like my review is going to be all over the place because that’s how I feel when I try to get thoughts together. So I’m going to do a bullet journal type of review on this. Get ready for a lot of incoherent thoughts!
- Ciarah is a goddess! I mean, I know she’s an actual goddess, but you know what I mean. She was not taking any less than she deserved and I loved that about her.
- We have three fae bikers as the love interests. (so if I say that they are sweet…please take that with a grain of salt, because they are still bikers)
- Arlo- I don’t really know what to think about him. Normally his alpha maleness would draw me to him, but he wasn’t one of my favorites. Maybe he just has to grow on me.
- Reese- my cajun little love bug. He was walking dream.
- Killiam- loved him! He was sweet and selfless.
- Everyone else was okay supporting characters but none that really stood out for me besides the main four.
I was the Veil Keeper; I could feel it in my bones. But … how did I keep this Veil? What was it? Where was it? Or was it a who? I didn’t even know that fucking much.
- These questions were what I was asking myself a lot. I was quite fuzzy on what was a veil. Does the old veil and new become one? Was Ciarah tortured or was it the old veil keeper? As you can see, I’m a mess.
- I liked that we got more paranormal species involved in the story. I feel like the werewolves are going to get a bigger role in the next book.
- She doesn’t have any of her old memories back, and I’m going to need her to hurry up.
- This doesn’t have anything to do with the plot just kind of like a heads up; There is ALOT of sex in this book. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
I’m going to continue with Cruel Glamour when it comes out in April. I hope that it will clear up some questions for me because I felt like I was just getting into the story when it ended. By the way, it ends in a cliffhanger. Don’t you just love those?